Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I dont do glider.

Teddy is due in 48 days (but who is counting???)
We have the nursery pretty well set up and stocked.
We used Henry's old crib and dresser bought a new modern lamp which is on an old short bookcase on which I placed a round piece of glass and plain white tablecloth.
And...we borrowed a glider from a friend.

The husband didn't want to shell out any more money on cool nursery stuff as we are moving next spring and the boys rooms will get re-do's at that point anyhow.

However, I just can't get into the glider thing.
Henry tipped it over trying to climb into it so I don't feel like it is really safe first of all. Secondly, I am so in love with Henry's Sleepytime rocker from Nurseryworks that I want the same for Teddy.

It was the most comfortable nursing chair and now it seats us both comfortably for storytime before bed. I like it better than their "storytime rocker" as the back is higher and more comfortable for my head while late-night nursing.

I met Kay (one of the owners of Nurseryworks) at the ICFF in NY in May and she couldn't have been nicer. She did mention that if I was looking to buy stuff for the new nursery to contact her directly for better pricing. If I could shave off a few pennies then maybe the husband will let me splurge for another rocker.

It truly is gorgeous - dontchathink?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Check out their whole line of great furniture and new textiles on their site!
CLICK HERE

No comments: